Oh yummy Hawaii treats, a trip to the Northshore of Oahu is not complete without a visit to one of the famous Kahuku shrimp trucks. This one is simple to make but due to the butter definitely one to enjoy sparingly.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Paper towel
- Mixing Bowl
- Medium skillet
- Serving Dish
- Lemon juicer
- 1 pound Shell on Shrimp
- 10 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ cup flour
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp coarse salt
- ½ Tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ Tsp Paprika
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Clean the shrimp and dry with paper towel
- Mix the flour, salt, paprika and black pepper
- Lightly coat/dust the shrimp pieces with the mixture
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tsbp butter until foams slightly
- Add half of the garlic until caramelized
- Lay the shrimp in a layer across the pan.
- Cook the shrimp for about 3 minutes on each side until orange/golden
- Remove the shrimp and place on a serving dish
- Add the remainder 2 Tbsp olive oil , 2 Tbsp butter, lemon juice and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and pour over the shrimp and serve.
- Tastes great with rice!